Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 6 Nogoya

What a week! Not sure if I can even begin to explain the things that happened. I do want to first express how grateful I am for the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ and its absolutely critical role in our development as disciples of Christ and as children of our Heavenly Father. I invite all to ponder how you can apply His Atoning Sacrifice in your life more than ever before.

Ok, to start, Wednesday we had Gira de la Misión with Elder Di Giovanni of the Seventy. They did it in two days, so the half of the mission in the province of Entre Rios all got together for the conference on Wednesday in the stake center in Paraná to be instructed by Presidente y Hermana Perez and Elder and Hermana Di Giovanni. It was a great conference, and we learned especially how to better utilize our area books to care for each child of God that we are teaching in our area.

This week with la Gira and General Conference, it was difficult to do all of the teaching we wanted, but things are slowly, little by little, beginning to bear fruit. This week we contacted two families who both expressed interest in learning about the church and attending our services. My companion and I are praying fervently that they will feel of the Spirit and have their hearts softened as we begin to teach them this week. We also developed a new plan with our less actives that we hope will help more people become truly converted and help hasten the work here in the branch of Nogoyá.

General Conference was of course absolutely awesome. We watched the conference all together as a branch and were able to watch every session. The three gringo missionaries were also able to watch each session in English, which was a great blessing for us. We watched General Conference on the computer in the branch president's office while the others were in the main area watching it on a projector screen, and then during the intermediate hymns we would go out and sing with all the branch members. Conference has never passed by so quickly for me. I found myself saying to my companion after each session,"How did that go so fast? I still want more!" I am incredibly grateful for the blessing of living prophets who give us truly inspired messages, helping us understand exactly what our Father in Heaven needs us to do to become successful disciples of Christ.

I would like to finish with something I learned in my scripture study yesterday. If you are looking for something to study in your daily study, I would recommend Alma 34:15-41. To quote just a little bit of this section, it says:

"And thus he shall bring salvation to all those who shall believe on his name;...which... bringeth about means unto men that they may have faith unto repentance... therefore only unto him that has faith unto repentance is brought about the great and eternal plan of redemption. Therefore may God grant unto you, my brethren, that ye may begin to exercise your faith unto repentance, that ye begin to call upon his holy name, that he would have mercy upon you; Yea, cry unto him for mercy; for he is mighty to save." (v.15-18)

I know that "through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved" (AoF 3), and that if we will exercise our faith, even unto repentance through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be saved, because He is mighty to save.

Thank you to each of you for your prayers, letters, and support. I am learning so much each day and hope that I can share something that will help you to come closer to our Savior as well, because He is calling. I know it.

Elder Meyers

No comments:

Post a Comment