Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 12 Nogoya

¿Que puedo decir? (What can I say?)

Sometimes, it's a little hard to write these letter because I just don't know what to say. You just can't express exactly the feelings that you experience in the mission. They are unique to the work of the Lord, and only through living in His work can we come to understand these feelings. I am incredibly grateful for the influence of the Holy Spirit, an incredible gift that the Lord has given to each and every one of us that have taken upon us His name in the waters of baptism. Listen to His voice, and you will find peace.

The work continues to progress, although not exactly at the pace that we might like. We are still struggling to find and to teach, but we are seeing small miracles, and are continually dedicating ourselves more and more to following the guide of the Holy Spirit. We have realized with every passing day that we cannot do this work without the Lord. Only He knows where His chosen and prepared children are waiting to hear the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, and we will not find them without His help. As I said, we have seen little miracles when we have followed the Spirit. Last night, we felt impressed to go a certain way that passed by a gas station. As we went that direction, Elder Marquez said to me, I need to use the bathroom, let's go to the bathroom really quick. We went in, and as I was waiting outside, lo and behold, Martín, one of our investigators that we had all but lost contact with, comes walking out of the bathroom! I was so excited to see him! We talked to him for a while (my companion came out as well) and were able to reestablish connection with him, and to fix a problem with the number that we had for him. We were able to set a time to pass by and talk to him, and to resume teaching the lessons. It was definitely a tender mercy of the Lord.

I read two quotes this week that I wanted to share as well:

"Mindful of this, and desirous to be a lifelong learner, President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency, has said, “I am still a child with lots to learn. Most folks can teach me something.”2 When he extended the call to me to be a General Authority, President Eyring taught me an important lesson. He said that when he hears someone tell a story that he has heard before or use a scripture that he is very familiar with, he asks himself, “Why is the Lord underlining that for me?” and “What have I yet to learn from that story or scripture?” If we wish to increase our spiritual stability, we will be willing to learn and will be sufficiently humble to accept guidance no matter our age and experience." Elder Dale G. Renlund, Liahona April 2016

"If you have not chosen the kingdom of God first, it will in the end make no difference what you have chosen instead." - Neal A. Maxwell, Response to a Call, General Conference April 1974

A couple of fun things that happened this week: We had an amazing asado with the Arrua family! Definitely a blessing of Argentina :) We also did divisiones with the zone leaders again, but in trios this time. It was a little weird contacting in a trio. Definitely prefer a normal companionship. Also, we found a house that has a grand piano!! I haven't seen a grand piano since the MTC! I told my companion that we are going to contact that house si o si this week (we were late for an appointment when we saw the house). Hopefully we can have a successful contact I can maybe possibly play a grand piano. It literally is probably the only grand piano in all of Nogoyá jaja.

Anyways, I love you all! Have a fantastic week full of the Spirit of the Lord!

Elder Meyers

Divisiones with Elder Rocha from Bolivia (Lider de Zona). First time I've worked in a trio here in the mission.  Not going to lie, it was a little bit weird.

A wonderful selfie with the beautiful half dead trees outside our apartment

We had an amazing asado with the Arrua family today!  It's been at least 3 months since I've eaten asado.  It was at least 1000 times better than our typical meal of something with rice or noodles jaja.

Me and Hermano Arrua cooking the asado

Me, Elder McKell, Elder Marquez, and Elder Gomez enjoying the asado!

1 comment:

  1. Sister Meyers, I have just been called to the Argentina Santa Fe mission and may possibly be serving with your son, i am so excited to be in the service of the lord and the opportunity to the serve the people of Argentina.

    ReplyDelete