Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 2 Santa Fe Rural

This is definitely going to be an interesting transfer, but awesome. I'm seriously having the time of my life in the mission, and there's no place on earth that I'd rather be in this moment.

My companion is having some medical issues. He has something wrong with his hip and leg, and also might have scoliosis. He's been going to the doctor a lot, and now is to therapy sessions 3-4 times a week. Because of that, he can't work very much, so I have been doing divisions like its the end of the world jaja. I think I have had about 8 different companions this week. It's definitely an adventure. It's a little difficult, because with the people we are teaching, there's a different missionary almost every time, it seems, but we do our best. Luckily we are in Santa Fe, super close to the mission office, so there are almost always missionaries available to do divisions with us. We are also having a blast living right next to the asistentes. Elder Blackmon and Elder Robles are hilarious, and we have a great time.

It's honestly really fun to work here. The people seem to be more open to listen, there are a lot of members to help us, and because it's the city, there is never a shortage of people to contact. Our investigators O*** and V*** are doing great! They are a family of 4. C*** is their 10 year old daughter, and she is a fireball that never runs out of energy and loves the missionaries. The other day she made us roses out of paper to put on our nametags. :) We have visited them almost every day this week. V*** is reading the Book of Mormon, and really wants to go to church. Unfortunately, they are not married, so that is something that we will have to work with, but that's ok! They almost came to church yesterday, which is awesome, because before, O*** told us no every time we invited him to come. They were all dressed and ready to go, but they had a family emergency last minute and had to go to the house of V***'s mom. But next week!

Other news, Presidente Perez is putting me to work with music! In July, we are going to have two big mission conferences/celebrations to celebrate the first anniversary of the mission, and at the beginning of this week, Presidente invited me to come talk to him in his office, and he put me in charge of the music for the celebration. We decided that we wanted to make a mission choir, so Elder Blackmon and I have been working together like crazy going over a list of all the missionaries, seeing who's good at singing, calling missionaries and asking them about their experience singing, and trying to get it all organized. It reminds me a little bit of before the mission when I was always making musical groups and trying to find people jaja. It will be a great experience.

This week I was studying the commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy. It is one of the most important commandments the Lord has given us. As we, the members of the Church and disciples of Jesus Christ, have been set apart from the world, the Lord has given us that day to help us retain that setting apart, to rededicate ourselves to the work of the Lord. As it says in D&C 59:9,"that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon my holy day". Observance of the Sabbath day is how we keep ourselves free from the trappings and temptations of the world, and the level to which we observe the Sabbath is one of the best measures we have of our personal conversion to the Savior and His gospel.

I know without a doubt that the Savior lives and loves us, and that His plan truly is the plan of happiness, the plan by which we may obtain the greatest happiness there is to be found in this life and the life to come. I love you all!

Elder Meyers

My companion (Elder Ramirez) and I found Havanna alfajores!  So good...

We had super good salads the other day.  There's this super good salad place close by, and I think we're going to get lunch there every pday now.

Elder Llanos (bibliotecario, from Peru, super awesome)

Me and Elder Clayton (secretario y lider de distrito)

Three of the missionaries I did splits with this week. Elder Jensen-My claim to fame. Went to Bingham High (pretty sure) and played quarterback and safety.  He has a scholarship to play safety for BYU after the mission. I had him sign my planner just in case jaja. He's super nice and fun. He is also just starting his second transfer (graduated early this year).

Elder Ozuna- I already knew him from Nogoya.  Paraguayo, and he's in Victoria right now.  He was here in Santa Fe for tramites.
Elder Morrill (with the hat)- just starting his second transfer, from West Valley.  He loves singing, and did madrigals and things like that, as well as played tennis.  Also here for tramites.

Me just before daily planning with our new desks.


Us and the asistentes having an ice cream party jaja

We were trying to take a picture with me and Elder Blackmon with our papers we were using to plan the mission choir, but Elder Robles...jajaja


Me with my sweet Argentine tie that Elder Gomez gave me. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment