Saturday, October 15, 2016

Week 18 Santa Fe Rural C Oficina

Buenos días!

A pretty great week. Always busy, always working, always something to do. We were able to visit quite a few people this week. We visited two of our investigators, Cxxx and Mxxx, who are relatives of a member named Gxxx (Cxxx is her son). Cxxx is a Jehovah's Witness, and Mxxx doesn't belong to a particular church. We had taught them the Restoration a couple of weeks back, but we weren't able to get back and visit them for a while because of transfers. We finally made it back this week, reviewed the Restoration, and talked about the Book of Mormon and how it helps us to receive an answer. They received it really well! Cxxx was very interested, and he told us even before we committed them to read,"This is interesting. I'm going to read this book, don't you worry." We hope that they can come to receive an answer that what we are sharing is true. We also had a great lesson with Mxxx and Dxxx on families this week. They are so wonderful! It's a little hard for us, because they know and understand so much, but they still don't feel ready to get baptized. Elder Llanos and I aren't exactly sure what to do, because we have taught them pretty much everything, and they know that what we are teaching them is true, but they are still a little nervous about taking the step. We are praying that they will somehow come to know that what they have heard is true. I also went on divisions with Elder Maynard this week in Costanera. It was quite different, because the Costanera is probably the wealthiest place in Santa Fe. The houses are huge, lots of super nice cars, and people with lots of money and little time to listen. We went to a lesson with some university students, and it was definitely a different atmosphere, with lots of very intellectual questions, questions about atheism, different religions, and things like that. It made me realize that the gospel is the same for everybody, rich or poor, black or white, male or female. It works the same. We are His children, and He has the same plan for each one of us. It is beautifully simple. We taught the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, and testified to them of the importance of looking for answers and praying in faith. They seemed to really want some kind of physical or logical proof that what we were telling them was true. It made me think of the scripture,

"When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not... But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God." (2 Nephi9:28)

It really does all come down to faith. We have to have faith, and believe in the things we can't see, and "trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good." (D&C 11:12)

This week, I've felt and thought about time and time again the great importance of charity. The greatest commandment of all is to love the Lord your God, and the second is to love thy neighbor as thyself. President Monson has instructed us: "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." Oftentimes we focus too much on the problems that people have, or the things that they may be doing wrong, and forget that the greatest commandment we have is to love them. We may be righteous, we may be talented, we may be smart, we may be obedient, we might be right, but none of that matters if we do not love them. None of it. As Paul taught us,

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels... And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains...And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."

As wonderful as all of these things are, as great as sacrifice and obedience is, if it is not done out of love, it is worthless. It does us no good. That is why love is the greatest commandment of all, and that is why charity is the greatest of all things.

I love my Savior. I am forever grateful for what He has given me, and I know that without Him, I could go nowhere. I would be lost and broken. But with Him, I am found and healed each and every day. He lives and loves us, setting the perfect example for us. I know it.

I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Elder Meyers



Me, Elder Maynard, Elder Blackmon, and Elder Llanos.  Happy Birthday President Perez.

More pictures Cumpleanos de Presidente



Elder Llanos with his scriptures

Elders serving in the office.  Elder Tello, Me, Elder Llanos, and Elder Dillon

jajaja we found out that the new iphone came out, so Elder Llanos and I put little apple stickers on the back of our phones a couple pdays back.  We tell missionaries we have the new iphone in the office now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment