Saturday, February 11, 2017

Week 35 Santa Fe Rural C Oficina (who is really counting anyways?)

Another transfer gone, and here we go starting up again!

We had a big group of 13 arrive this transfer, a great group as always. I love receiving the new missionaries, they always have such an amazing spirit and excitement to do the work of the Lord. It's contagious. As we watch them receive their new companions and get excited for their first area, it reminds me of how wonderful missionary work is, and helps me feel the wonder of being a missionary every single day. What a blessing!

We also sent off 6 missionaries this week. It's starting to get a little hard, because they are starting to be missionaries that I know well. You see them heading home, knowing some of them you probably won't see again. It can be hard, but it is part of the mission. And it is always awesome to spend time with them their last day and hear their testimonies and see the ways that their mission has changed them.

This week, since Elder Gifford is going home in about two weeks, the new assistant arrived, and he is none other than Elder Gomez, my district leader from Nogoy√°! I'm so excited to be in his district again, I have learned so much from him and hope to continue to learn from him. He's a great missionary.

Other than that, we've just been busy busy busy organizing meetings, paying rents, reimbursing travel, and trying to keep everything together during transfers. It's always a crazy week, but full of memories. We're excited to get back to work the coming week, as we have lots of investigators and potential investigators to find and teach!

I love this gospel. I know it's true. I love my Savior, and am eternally grateful for a Heavenly Father who is perfectly merciful and forgiving. I have so many faults, so many imperfections, and make so many mistakes, and yet in the midst of all, He sees fit to bless me in so many ways. I will follow Him forever, because I love Him.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Elder Meyers

All the missionaries in the ward!  The new sister training leaders were already there, Hermana Card (left, Utah) and Hermana White (right, Texas).  Coincidentally, Hna Pacheco trained Hna Card and Hna Garcia trained Hna White. Que copado! :)  The elders are Elder Parker, Elder Gifford, Elder Carrion, Elder Henriquez, me, Elder Dillon, and Elder Wiberg (he's in Rural E like I was when I first came to Santa Fe)

Me with Hna Garcia and Pacheco

Me with Hna Andino and Jones (it was kind of crazy, literally all four sister training leaders went home in the same transfer)

Elder Gomez!! (New AP)

Sending home Elder Gardner

With the missionaries who were going home 

With the missionaries who were going home

Ice cream at the mission home!

Playing piano at the mission home

Greeting the new missionaries!

New missionaries!

Getting the new missionaries situated

Dinner with the new missionaries in the mission home

Training the new missionaries

Me and Elder Carrion

Giving my financial presentation to the new missionaries

Giving my financial presentation to the new missionaries

New missionaries with their trainers

Birthday celebration for Elder Carrion and Elder Henriquez with members and investigators


Birthday celebration for Elder Henriquez and Elder Carrion



No comments:

Post a Comment